An introduction.

hand painted fabric


It is that time of year again when I start thinking about my preparations for this year's Festival of Quilts.
It's heads down as I get lots of fabric painting done.

This year however, things are going to be a bit different, because I am going to have a "booth buddy".
Let me introduce you to my friend Anne Maundrell.

Anne Maundrell


Anne, another Brit by birth, is at present living in Brunei Darussalam, on the island of Borneo.
I spent several years living and working there myself but our paths didn't cross then. I discovered Anne and her work via blogland. Once I saw the beautiful rain forest inspired quilts that she makes I just had make contact.

Anne Maundrell
Anne's entry into last year's festival for which she earned a Judge's Choice Award


Long story short, Anne likes to travel back to U.K. at the same time as the Festival takes place, and we have been meeting up there almost every year for about the past five years. This year she is taking her own booth and we have decided to double up in order to have a more open space.

One of the things we are hoping to do is to produce a piece about our opposite places of abode, which should be interesting!

Anne Maundrell

I am looking forward to this year's Festival. I don't want to tempt fate but i am feeling slightly more prepared than I have done in the past, although there is still a lot of work to do.

Anne Maundrell

I am really looking forward to seeing one of Anne's "Forest Giant" pieces (above) because although I haven't told her this, it is one of my favourites.
See Anne and her work on her website, blog and Facebook page, and don't forget to come back and see what we get up to.

Comments

  1. How nice that you will be sharing your space. Anne's work looks as amazing as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fabrics are gorgeous and laid out like that, I am sure they will be gone. I know I love seeing hand dyed at shows.
    Her work is beautiful and I think your styles will compliment each other.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne's work is beautiful, as well :-)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely! And I bet the bigger booth will be far better for both ! Look forward to seeing you x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hand dyed fabrics are mouth-watering! Thanks for showing the work by Anne I shall be hopping over to her blog - love her work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have so enjoyed reading your blog, your work is very inspiring, the colours look lovely together. Thank you for sharing your ideas and I'll look out for your stand at F of Q too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry about the repeat message, an error came up with the first one, then it published the second as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've also enjoyed reading your blog and look forward to seeing you both at FOQ.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I do try to respond to each one but
if you do not hear from me it is probably because you are a "no reply blogger".

Popular Posts