Remember these?

textile art

I am trying to 'tidy up' and finish things off before we hit 2014!
After doing this and this I still had some painted fabric samples and after stitching the backgrounds I decided to cut it up to do some smaller pieces.

textile art

These are waiting to have a backing and an edging put on.

textile art

These are still in progress.
It feels good to be completing things and there are lots of other bits that are in the pipe line that also need to be done. Despite this I have started something new as well, so many ideas, so little time.... The progress of that I will be sharing over on Instagram (Link button in top right hand corner). I am enjoying the ability to share quickly and easily, and then carry on with the work.

Linking up with Off the Wall Friday.

My daughter gets home tonight after completing her first term at Uni :D


Comments

  1. I love all of them......clean designs, well executed....just the type of piece I would like to look at over and over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours, the stitches and the design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. they are ethereal, as wispy as the real plant. The repetitive line of quilting is so effective. Will they hang as a triptych?
    LeeAnna Paylor
    lapaylor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh these are marvelous. I love the stitching along with the simple design. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the variety you get from a single subject is amazing, they are all so beautiful, I would have gotten bored with the subject and moved on. There is a lot to recommend to working in a series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colors and stitching are lovely. Small pieces can be so precious. Wonderful handling of the subject.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous, love the colours of the fabric - are they painted or dyed?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply stunning. Your background stitching compliments the striations of the painting so well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They're lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love them !! your stitching is so amazing - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are absolutely beautiful!
    They remind me of a flower called Tromsøpalme which is growing in the North of Norway.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Deborah: These are really beautiful. The stitching is impressive.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I do try to respond to each one but
if you do not hear from me it is probably because you are a "no reply blogger".

Popular Posts