Little Gem

Deborah O'Hare This is my entry to the Little Gem Quilts which I have called Winter Shore.

The fabric was painted using left over paints and it reminded me of the markings sometimes to be found on the on the beach here where I live. I have been told that they are made by the coal dust that gets washed down from the valleys. Don't know if that is true or not, but the markings are interesting all the same as you can see from this photo.

Anyway, follow the link above and you can find out what a Little Gem is if you don't already know.

Comments

  1. I loooove this piece, beautifull colors, looks to me like a calm day at the beach

    Mariel (proud owner of your ethnic house)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful quilt Deborah. I like everything about it. The colours are very atmospheric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deb, was just looking thru little gems for inspiration for my little gem and saw your little gem, it's lovely - quite charming. And I know what you mean about the coal, we have similar marks sometimes on Aberavon beach. Joy

    ReplyDelete
  4. ZThis is just stunning!!! Terrific job!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I do try to respond to each one but
if you do not hear from me it is probably because you are a "no reply blogger".

Popular Posts